Friday, August 28, 2009

Praise God for another wonderful week in paradise! :) Though nothing like the paradise seen on the silver screen, Uganda is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been on this planet. Namely because along with the rest of creation it was created for the purpose of displaying God’s glory. Every morning, I have had the wonderful blessing of seeing the sun come up over Lake Victoria and the wonderfully green tree tops. And in the evening watch it go down and turn the sky bright shades of pink and orange. Its glorious: just a brief glimpse of the beauty of the one who painted it! And, my friends, that is not even the most beautiful part! I don’t need to tell most of you the great joy that I find in working with children. I have had the joy of beginning our bible school classes this week and what an adventure that is turning out to be! The first class was a bit more challenging than I had anticipated it being, since our translator was not so thrilled to be there, and struggled with some of the translations. We had about 35 kids and they were surprisingly well behaved, and interested in what we were doing, which was a blessing. Wednesday’s class was up to 50 kids and we had a different translator who was happy to be there and excited to be helping teach! Today we will have lesson 3 and I’m excited to see what God will do! The trend this far has been growing and getting more and more excited, so if we keep going in that direction, it will be great! Please pray along with me that the Lord will continue to break down the language barrier and that His word will be heard in the hearts of these Ugandan children! I love them with my whole heart and am so excited to see God’s hand work in their tiny lives!

Thank you for the prayers for health this last week, they have been much appreciated and I am happy to be able to report that the Lord is in the business of healing! I am feeling much better and am praising Him for strength today!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beautiful! God is amazing, and He is showing you His faithfulness in all your difficulties and experiences. Keep pressing into Jesus and His joy and peace will "guard your heart and mind". Your mom and I are so thankful for your obedience and willingness to follow Him in this way! Know that we are with you there, as we are frequently thinking of you throughout each day and speaking to God concerning you and those you meet. God is greatly using you and the other ladies there. Serving His "little ones" is something that He places great importance on, so know that your labor is not in vain nor does it go unnoticed by their maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Jo!
    I am glad your new translator is happier to be there! That is awesome you get to see a beautiful scene every morning and night! You are feeling better?! Yea!!! Are you still eating ok?
    I love you!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete